An excellent leader is the one who has the ability to guide the group and at the same time is able to motivate the members and properly explain to them what their goals and strategies to follow are.
A leader should inspire respect and confidence. But they should also have:
- Emotional stability: A leader must control their impulses and rationalize about every situation that appears.
- Effective communication: They must transmit the needed information suitably. It’s fundamental for leading a team.
- Organization: They have to know how to plan strategically. That can make an important change in the team’s results.
- Vision: If you want to be a leader you need to have a vision, which means not only thinking in a short term, but trying to see a bigger picture.
- Balance: Leaders need to know how to convince their team being open at the same time. Give importance to team members’ opinions but remember that you are the one to take the decision.
- Art of Feedback: In order to produce good feedback it’s important to keep it impartial and objective. Criticism must bring solutions and improvement. And don’t forget to congratulate for a good job.
- Sense of Unity: Encourage your team members to work well alone, but better together.